Pages

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

186

Bjorn got out of bed and rushed down to the glass cage.

"What the heck are you doing?" Bjorn asked angrily as he tore open the door to the little office.
"What you mean?" Geir asked, pretending to not know what Bjorn was talking about.
"You're making changes to my status, aren't you?"
"Status?" Geir asked, still pretending to be clueless.

Bjorn pushed Geir aside and grabbed hold of his laptop. "Yeah, there it is," Bjorn noted. "How did you find it? I'm sure I closed this window before giving the PC to you."
"It came up in your browsing history," Geir explained rather nonchalantly.
"You've been snooping around in my browsing history?"

Bjorn looked at Geir, fuming with anger.

"Hey! I'm not the one with ties to right wing fanatics," Geir said with a smirk.
"Right wing fanatics? What are you talking about?"
"Come on! The Blacklist! What were you thinking, registering yourself with those guys?"
"So you've heard of them?"
"Sure, and I'm a little shocked to see you having an account with them, to be honest."
"And what exactly have you heard about them?" Bjorn asked.

Geir leaned back in his chair, smiling smugly. "It's a pathetic attempt to set up some sort of alternative legal system. It has no legal basis. And the only ones posting there are frustrated hippies and right wing losers. I'd remove my profile right away, if I were you."
"Well, I've tried, and I can't," Bjorn said, feeling his anger change to frustration.
"Is that so?" Geir asked, still smirking.
"Yeah!"
"I believe that ir illegal. Isn't that ironic?"
"It is. It's a trap."
"So you fell into their trap, did you?" Geir asked, clearly happy about the whole situation. "You really are clueless, aren't you?"

Bjorn did not answer. Instead, he looked down at the profile editor on his PC.

"So what sort of changes were you making?" Bjorn asked, eager to put things back in order.
"I opened a case against Jan and Pedro."
"You did not!" Bjorn exclaimed,with a rush of panic spreading through his veins.
Geir chuckled. "Of course not. I'm not that cruel. I just added a nickname to your profile."

Bjorn looked over his profile, and there it was, marked as a tentative change. "Mr. Clueless," it read. Bjorn removed the entry without making any comments on Geir's choice of nickname.

"And that's all?" Bjorn asked.
"That's all."
"You're sure about that?" Bjorn asked again.
"I swear! That's all I did."

Bjorn logged out of the Blacklist. Then, he put his laptop back where it had been.

"I trusted you, you know." Bjorn said. "And this is how you thanked me?"
"Hey! It was just a bit of innocent fun. Come on! Don't be sore!"

Bjorn looked at Geir without saying a word.

"Okay," Geir said reluctantly. "I'm sorry. It won't happen again."

No comments:

Post a Comment