Pages

Friday, May 23, 2014

70

Bjorn found Frank in the living room, in front of the TV watching the sports round ups as usual.

"So there you are!" Frank said, turning his attention to Bjorn.
"Yep, and I got my gun, as you can see."
"Good! So from now on we'll keep this on us through the day, just in case."

Frank leaned forward in his chair to pick up a box with something heavy inside. Then, getting up of his chair, he handed it over to Bjorn, telling him to take it up to his room.

"It's a safe for the gun," Frank explained.
"Oh, I see... So where did these things come from?"
"Well, we always had them. Over there, in that cabinet."

Frank pointed to the cabinet next to the TV. "Didn't I tell you when you arrived?"
"No, you didn't."
"Oh, well... I'll show you."

Frank went over to the cabinet, looking a little bothered from realizing that he had forgotten to tell Bjorn about the cabinet on his arrival. Then, he opened the cabinet with a key on his key chain.

"As you can see, there's some more ammo here, and another handgun, just in case we get another arrival... The key to your room works on this cabinet too. You want to try?"
"Yeah, why not?"

Bjorn put the box with his gun safe on the coffee table. Then, taking his key out of his pocket, he went over to Frank to try it on the cabinet. It worked perfectly.

"So why didn't you tell me about this when I first arrived?" Bjorn asked, feeling a little let down from having been left in the dark about such an important part of the inventory.
"I don't know... I guess I was busy or something..."
"You were playing bridge," Bjorn explained helpfully.
"Ah... Yeah... And I was winning," Frank replied with a sheepish smile.
"And then you just forgot about it?" Bjorn suggested.
"Yeah, I guess so... And you know... We've been constantly told to keep a low profile up here. And we have. But now with all those terrorists arriving next week, I don't think we can continue pretending we won't need these guns at some point."

Bjorn nodded. It still seemed like a strange oversight to Bjorn, but it was believable, and he saw no reason to doubt Frank. Then, changing the subject, Frank told Bjorn to go up with his gun safe and return by dinner time.

"We'll start warming up with some beers and some snack before going down to Lundby," Frank explained. "Be sure to wear something nice. We don't want to come across as slobs to the locals, do we?"

No comments:

Post a Comment